July 12, 2015 meeting held at Bethany Public House Beaverton, OR

Santa’s Pack Meeting Minutes

-Meeting called to order and meal blessing by Santa Don.
- Santa oath passed out and read as a group.
- Previous minutes are on Santa’s Pack website.

Old Business:
- Dues must be paid at or before October 2015 meeting to obtain jobs from website.
- IBRBS membership will be renewed.
New business:
 -Finance report by Santa Dave Cardiff: $944.32 balance of account.
 - News from Santa Dave:  Changes to the GoDaddy website are progressing, test emails will be sent out to members within the next couple of weeks - this will allow automatic sending of Santa requests directly to the membership in good standing.
 - Upcoming events:Great Wolf Lodge. $90.00 to attend Nov 4-7th 2015. Classes and vendors.  
                            Contact NORPAC-santas.org
                            Santa and the Business of being Santa.  July 24th and  25  NORPAC-santas.org
Next meeting October 11th in Vancouver WA location to be decided.
Santa Don read a letter from secretary Diane Figley apologizing for missing meetings due to family issues and wishes not to be re-elected.
Sandi Osborn was elected interim secretary until officer elections in October.
Santa Dave passed out Santa Pack business cards if you need some let him know (dacardiff@aol.com).
Albany OR has a Santa Land staffed by volunteer Santas and would welcome your help. Email TedRusk@aol.com if interested.
Drawings for Santa prizes was held!
Open Discussion:
     Santa Jim is doing Christmas in July for the Childrens Cancer Society.
     Santa Don offered at no charge personalized Santa Drivers Licences to all.
     smartblond.com is a website that makes customized licence plates for about $9.00
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 3:20pm
Respectfully submitted by Sandi Osborn
Santa’s Pack Meeting Minutes - April 12, 2015
Attendees include:
   Don & Sherry Davis, Dave & Debra Cardiff, Bill & Evelyn Kenney, Jim Hughes, Cliff Barbour, Mark Larson, Eartha Green, Donna Krewson, Ramsey Cowlishaw, Ted Welker, visitor & potential new member Ted Rusk.
   Jim called the meeting to order.
   The Santa Claus Oath was recited by all.
   Dave reported the bank balance is $884.32. The website cost is $191.93. He asked permission to add blast email capability to the site’s request for Santa function if it costs $50.00 or less. A motion to add blast email was made by Don, seconded by Jim, thirded by Ramsey. The motion passed unanimously.
   Dave will recreate an “In Memory of” section on the website to honor all the Brothers in Red who have made their Final Journey.
   Don is seeking a venue, likely in Bethany, for the 12 July 2015 meeting.
   Jim called for introductions which lead to tales of Santa, Mrs. Claus, & Elf experiences in malls, at the Oregon State capitol, Las Vegas, & on social media venues.
   A note was made to ask Mrs. Figley about ownership/moderator of the Santa’s Pack Facebook page.
   An inquiry was made regarding changing the Santa’s Pack meeting to the 1st or 3rd Sunday of meeting months, but the decision was made to retain the current schedule for the July meeting.
   Santa’s Pack magnetic name badges from Master’s Inc. were briefly discussed.
   Door prize drawings were held, after which the meeting adjourned.
Santacerely submitted,
Ted Welker 

Santa’s Pack Meeting Minutes – October 12, 1014
Co-Chair Santa Don opened the meeting with Greetings and a Welcome to All.  He recognized 1st Time Visitors. 
The Meal Blessing was given by Santa Don and The Santa Claus Oath was led by him also.
There were no minutes of the last minutes.  Sherrell Davis took the October’s minutes in Diane’s absence.
The Treasurer’s Report was given by Santa Dave.
Old Business
            The Website was discussed.  A “Request A Santa” form is now on the Website for clients to use.  Next year, each Santa will be invited to place a short paragraph explaining their self.
            NORPAC Santa’s Mini Convention begins on November 6 at Great Wolf Lodge. It is not too late to register for their classes and workshops, plus vendors will be on hand with their wares.  It is a good chance to socialize as well.  To register, look on line.
New Business
            Elections were held.  Santa Dave has decided to with draw as Co-Chair because of his commitments to the Website.  He felt he could keep the Treasurer’s  job.    Santa Don asked for a volunteer for Co-Chair and Santa Jim agreed to do it.
GigMasters  (GigMasters.com; info@gigmasters..com) has contacted the group,  No one knows much about them.
Wind Down/Wrap Up Dinner will be held 12/30/2014 at Stanford’s Restaurant in Beaverton.  More info will be forthcoming in a flyer and on our website.
Open  Discussion – The meeting was opened up to the membership for a general discussion and questions regarding being Santa ensued.                                                                           
Respectfully  Submitted,
  Sherrell Davis
March meeting Sunday March 9th, 2014
 Elmer's in Beaverton on March 9 at 2:00 PM.
1250 Waterhouse Ave Beaverton, OR 97006
Present:  Bill Kenney, Evelyn Kenney, Donna Krewson, Bob Gang, Don Davis, Sherrell Davis, Jim Wood, Patty, Wood, Ted Welker,
Allan Beeman, Dave Cardiff, Larry Bass, Jim Hughes, Tracie Hughes, Alex Bradburry, Ramsay (RC) Colsishow, Diane Figley.
Meeting opened in prayer led by Don Davis.
Reading of THE SANTA CLAUS OATH was recited by all.
Introductions around the table were made.
Treasurer's Report:  Currently we have $496.25 in bank.  Discussion was had as to lowering the annual dues to $10.00.  Members want to keep it at $20.00
in hopes that we will be able to provide some service with the money remaining in the coffers in December.
Need for a Secretary:  Diane Figley volunteered, motion was made and unanimous vote taken for Diane to be Secretary of Santa's Pack.  In addition to taking minutes, Diane will work on Public Announcements, Newsletters, and Media.
Discussion about IBRBS Santa Celebration coming up in May, 2010 in Tampa.
Santa Gordon Bailey is thinking of offering Santa Class in the Portland area.  Those interested were asked to sign-up.  Those who singed up were:
Donna Krewson, Don Davis, Shereell Davis, Ted Welker, Larry Bass, Jim Hughes and Ramsay Cowlishow.  (7)
post Christmas dinner meeting on Saturday, January 11th, 2014

Sunday , OCTOBER 13, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Catedral Tapatia Restaurant in Vancouver:
 207 SE 164th Ave. Vancouver, WA:
No Host Lunch as usual
Agenda items will include (but not limited to):
Dues and the web site (you must pay your dues to remain on the web site) - discussion
Is there any service work we could do as a group to give back to the community
suggestions and discussion
Santa’s Pack Meeting
Minutes – August 11, 2013, 2:00 p.m.
Santa Dave opened the meeting with a door prize drawing.  He welcomed guests and 1st time visitors.  A special thank you went to Dave's Killer Magic Shop for hosting the meeting and to Santa Rob for setting up this meeting at the shop.   There were 9 Santas and 2 from the shop present. 
Santa Dave led the group in saying the Santa Oath.  Pat Lewis was wearing the official green with logo Santa Oath shirt.  It is being offered by the Palm Tree Santa's. 
Greetings were said to new Santa, Larry Harison. 
Santa Dave gave the treasurers report.  We have $16.25 in our account.  Dues are due by the first meeting in November.  No dues, no website listing. 
Upcoming Events
            Great Wolf  Lodge – NORPAC Santas are having a convention at Great Wolf Lodge November 7-9 2013 at the lodge.  All are invited to attend. 
            IBRBS is holding a Convention in Tampa, Florida in January 2014.
Old Business –
            Karrie resigned from the club.  A new secretary is needed ASAP,  Names will be  submitted to Dave by the October Meeting. 
Approval of addendum to the club bylaws.  Duties of officers referred to Roberts Rules.  . 
New Business  - To honor Santas and their work we will high light each meeting with a Santa presentation.
Next meeting will be October 11, 2013 in Vancouver location TBA
Adjournment.

 At our board meeting in July we discussed the idea of having themed meetings in the future to better delve into the workings of Santa,  We decided for the August meeting to again involve magic - this time by having our meeting at a real magic shop!  We will again meet at
 2:00 at
 Dave's Killer Magic Shop
 910 NE Minnehaha St., Suite 1
 Vancouver, WA  98665
  Dave, the proprietor, will talk about magic and demonstrate some of his products.  We will weave our normal meeting and discussions around his demonstrations.  Because this is not a restaurant location all will be on their own for lunch (either before or after).
Thanks to Rob Figley for making arrangements with Dave
  
                                                              Santa PackMeeting19 members present
2:00pm- Gather
2:24 pm  - Reading of the Santa Claus Oath
2:00pm- Blessing of The Food    
3:05 pm- Start of Meeting               Dave began the meeting with showing us a DVD for Santa to use that contains magic tricks. The video was purchased at laflinmagic@yahoo.com and is 60 minutes long. Dave said that anyone can borrow it, just as long as they return it.
3:07 pm- IBRBS Convention coming uo in 2014 in Florida.Scholarships are now available. And the big question is why should anyone join a National group?   1.) Help a Santa personally.
                            2.) Support locally. Support our local groups so that they can flourish.
                            3.) We have the best insurance for a Santa.
                            4.)Offer scholarships. Four will be awarded each year. Two $500.00 for any Santa school. It                                          has be for immediate family and
                                 members only.and is non- transferable. Chaperts will nominate people. A separate "blind" committee will review
                                 award the scholarships.3:10 pm - The National Association hired a marketing associate for free to connect us to companies. We are a 501 c7. We are no longer going to have the main office located in California anymore. A new location will be determined soon.And it will be re- formatted.There are new and exciting thigns happening and will be addressed in the next memo.
3:28 pm- Mrs. Clau Kathy demonstrated some artificial snow that they had broght with them and they passed it around for everyone to look at.Rob has Magic slush snow that he had purchased at Dave's Killer Magic Shop. He will see if he can get someone from the store to come and do a demo at one of the next meetings.                The store is located in Minnehaha and they have classes there once a week.Bill Nye the Science Guy has a web site for fun stuff also.3:30 pm-  Dori at a magic shop in Lakewood has some items as well. Here is her website : dori@clownshop.com. Her address is : 5932 Lakegrove St. SW Lakewood, WA                98499. Phone- (253) 588-6062, Fax- ( 253) 584-29383:35 pm- NOR PAC will be again hosting the Great Wolf Lodge weekend in November. Dates will be announced.3:40pm - Raffle drawing3:50 pm- EndDon't forget. We have our next Santa Pack's Board Meeting coming up July 3rd. Info to follow. 

 Santa’s Pack Meeting – April 14, 2013 Here is what happened at our last meeting:
 2:00pm  Call to order. Santa Don greeted everyone, said the mel blessing and everyone recited the " Santa Oath".
 Minutes from previous General Meeting and Board Meeting are up on the web site.
 Treasure's report: Santa Dave stated that we have $359.30 in the bank. $193.05 is owed to Santa Marty for the yearly website fee.
Old Business-
 Suggestions for use of the excess Treasury funds:
Santa Dave- Suggested the money be given to the Salvation Army.
Santa Marty- Suggested the Foster Parents Group.
Discussion- Santa Pat made a motion that the funds be split between the two organizations. Motion was carried.
Upcoming Events-
2013 Meeting Schedule Second Sunday , bi- monthly( April 14, Newport Bay Restaurant; June 9th, Cathedral Tapatia Restaurant in Vancouver: 207 SE 164th Ave. Vancouver, WA: ) October 13th: Beaverton, and in FULL DRESS.
Board Meetings- Firrst Wednesday, bi- monthly ( 1/3, 3/6, 5/1, 7/3, 9/4). These meetings are open to all.
 Annual Election of the Santa Pack Board-
 Nominations fo Co- Chairs, Santa Don and Santa Dave
Secretary- Karrie Whitman
 Treasurer- Santa Dave
 Web Master- Santa MartyIt was moved and seconded to accept the slate of nominees. Motion carried.
2:33pm- Rob talked about IBRBS. They hired and Administrative Assistant to handle the business side of things. Elections were held, results in seven days. Rob was nominated and re-elected again as President. All eyes are now on tampa Florida for the 2014 Convention.
2:35pm- Info on Santa America: President resigned.
2:36pm- Don joined a hospice care and is helping out with military families and their children.
2:40pm- Diane had knee surgery and is going great.
2:43- rob told us some of his and Diane's goings on.
2:50pm- Tim C. is doing a School for Santa here in Portland in May.
2:56pm- talked about the Jim Yelling Santa Indiana workshop. They have an 8 hour session with info on and for real bearded Santa's as well as designer bearded ones.
The Santa Atlanta group was a great group to go and visit with.
3:00pm- Don spoke about the Migrant Farmers group that he works with.
3:12pm- Rob spoke about his sports announcing job in Vancouver that he did.
3:14 pm- Nor Pac is doing 'The Biggest Loser' for weight loss among the group.Cheers to them.
3:20pm- Meeting ended
A special 'Thank You" to the person that took the early meeting notes for me, as I was late in attending the meeting.
Have a great month and see you on May 1st for the Board Meeting at the Black Bear diner  13435 SW Tualatin Valley HWY. Beaverton, OR 97005  (503) 646-4507.

January 27, 2013
                 Regional Convention and General Meeting of Santa's Pack ( IBRBS)
1:25 pm - Call to Meeting
1:35pm- General Meeting Schedule : 4/14 at Newport Bay Restaurant in Beaverton
                                                         6/9  In Vancouver  TBA
                                                         8/11 in Beaverton TBA
                                                         10/13 in Vancouver ( FULL DRESS)  TBA
 Board Meeting Schedule :                3/6  Black Bear Diner 6 pm Beaverton
                                                          5/1 Black Bear Diner
                                                          7/3 Black Bear Diner
                                                          9/4 Black Bear Diner
 1:40 pm-  IBRBS _  Rob- History of FORBS to now. IBRBS is filing for new staff , so elections will be underway.The group will be leaving California and will set up a new home somewhere else yet to be determined.
There are two reasons to belong to a national group  1) Insurance background checks
                                                                                 2) really BIG parties
The next National Convention will be held in Tampa Florida in May of 2014, details will follow.
This time we will focus on regional groups. There are 6-7 real bearded Santa's per Congresional District. We will be focusing on reaching out to the local Santa's with 11 Regional meetings/luncheons scheduled.
The National Conventions will leap frog every other year, giving everyone a chance to save up for the trip and thus strengthening  the Regional and local groups to include more members. The next National one will not be so much into the educational part as it has been in recent years.. There will be 4-6 hours for school, but the rest of the time will be for socializing and going out on trips scheduled through the event( fun stuff). Vendors will also be there selling their items. Irt is open to all people., the number one membership is the real bearded Santas, but EVERYONE IS WELCOME.
2:00 pm - raffle and 50/50 drawings.Dave won the 50/50.
2:10 pm - Meeting ends.

Santa Pack Board Meeting
Black Bear Restaurant 6pm
6pm- Gather
6:35pm- Second Sunday of each month the general meetings will be held.Due to the meeting being held during the convention, the next general meeting will be held on April 14th in Beaverton. Also, the officer elections will be held.
6:39pm- We only receiver 3 responses from Portland Perks for the season.
6:58pm- We need to promote the Northwest Regional Convention this month on the 26th and 27th with focus on the Sunday events which start at noon.Diane is going to be there at 10:00am to begin  to set up. A no - host bar will be open at 11:00am. The room will open at noon, with the group picture being taken at 12:30pm.Registration table will be where ID badges will be handed out. Don will do the blessing before the meal begins. Dave is going to be the candid picture taker.
7:30pm- meeting ends.

Minutes from October 2012 Meeting
 Well another great photo session has come and gone. Here are the minutes from the meeting:
  2:00pm- Gather and introduction of all present at the meeting.( Welcome to our new members).
2:30pm- Don asked for the vote for approval for minutes being sent out to people.Approval granted.
2:31pm- Santa Dave gave the Treasure's report.
2:32pm- Don voted for motion to ok minutes of Treasure's report. Ok'd by all.
2:33pm- Don passed out the certifications to all members that have paid dues.
2:34pm- SMILE ... picture time.
Michael James was the photographer. (360) 431-2636.
2:46pm- Don started the meeting.
             Rob and Diane began with some information regarding  the IBRBS convention to be held here in Portland in January 2013.
Lunch at the Bomber Restaurant, museum tour, dinner at a Mexican restaurant all happening on Saturday. Then on Sunday,from 11am to 4pm, luncheon at the Grey Gables Estate( $45.00 PER PERSON) ,  and the money is due around the first week of January.They have negotiated a deal at the Best Western Riverside Inn which is close to Grey Gables. One room, double occupancy is $89.00. The hospitality suite will be open for all to mingle and get to know each other face to face, which will be fun considering many of the IBRBS and Mrs. Claus' have only known each other on the internet, and, according to Diane, People from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, Vancouver BC, and Montana are planning on attending. So a good time should be had by all.There will be a continental breakfast  and shuttle service to and from all of the events provided by the hotel's shuttle van.
2:50pm- Dave and Don stated that dues are good from October to October, so dues for the 2013-2014 year will be due next October.
2:51pm- Marty- Anything needed in regards to the web page for Santas Pack, please speak with him.
2:54pm- Don- What to do with the extra money from the groups dues after dues are paid. Suggestions were to donate to the Salvation Army, a women's shelter, or something else. If you have any ideas, please speak to Don or Dave about them.
2:56pm- FORBS is no longer a part of IBRBS. The group was asked to vote to be a part of IBRBS, and the vote was unanimous. Insurance and background checks are $200.00 for a 2 million dollar policy which includes a sexual background and maulistation. And, or, you could just pay $19.00 for just the sexual Maulistation coverage only.
Tim Connaghan is not going to be offering background checks through him anymore.New laws have changed in California. IBRBS will be leaving California because of problems and will set up the center for the National group in another states, yet to be determined.
3:02pm- Bob brought up a fact that child protective services can provide a background for you for $10.00.
3:04pm- Diane - Portland Perks info:
One Santa visit-$300.00 regular price, $150.00 through Portland Perks. $75.00 for visit and the other $75.00 will go to Perks. Being a visit up to one hour.
Last year we sold 38 spots. We have to re-apply to Perks because some of the rules have changed, but they still want us to be a part of them and they are very excited to have us on board again for this up in coming Holiday season.
3:09pm- Don- Good energy going through group, which was a part of the report report from
last board meeting. We need to begin to think up of something to do as a group in the spring time to help spread the word about our group, and to get the group , as a whole, involved in doing community events of some sort.The Jingle Bell Run for Juvenile Diabetes was mentioned, but when they have then run, we are already making our appearances on our own, so a spring time activity would be better.So, any suggestions, please let Don or Dave know.
3:10pm- Don- The wind down/wrap up dinner will not be held this year due to the Regional Convention being held here in January, so the two will get merged.:0)
3:12pm- Rob-Providence Festival of Trees. We will be doing another tree this year.The tree decorating party will be held at Dave's house in Vancouver on November 11. Secretary , or Dave will post info with address and time for that. All are encouraged and welcomed to attend.
3:45pm- Rob (brave man that he is), is running for office again. If you would like to see Rob in another term as President of IBRBS, please vote for him. The 2014 National Convention for IBRBS will be held in Tampa Florida, so start saving for it.IBRBS has sold over 500 policies so far , and more will be added.
3:25pm- Don- WAY TO GO DON !!!!!! Santa Don will be doing a tree lighting ceremony in Northern California and will come in on a helicopter.  :o)
3:27pm- meting closed.
Santa's Packin the 2010 Holiday Media
Santa Dave Cardiff Judges Iron Chef Gingerbread on KATU's AM NW
Santa’s Pack Meeting
Minutes – August 11, 2013, 2:00 p.m.
Santa Dave opened the meeting with a door prize drawing.  He welcomed guests and 1st time visitors.  A special thank you went to Dave's Killer Magic Shop for hosting the meeting and to Santa Rob for setting up this meeting at the shop.   There were 9 Santas and 2 from the shop present. 
Santa Dave led the group in saying the Santa Oath.  Pat Lewis was wearing the official green with logo Santa Oath shirt.  It is being offered by the Palm Tree Santas. 
Greetings were said to new Santa, Larry Harison. 
Santa Dave gave the treasurers report.  We have $16.25 in our account.  Dues are due by the first meeting in November.  No dues, no website listing. 
Upcoming Events
            Great Wolf  Lodge – NORPAC Santas are having a convention at Great Wolf Lodge November 7-9 2013 at the lodge.  All are invited to attend. 
            IBRBS is holding a Convention in Tampa, Florida in January 2014.
Old Business –
            Karrie resigned from the club.  A new secretary is needed ASAP,  Names will be  submitted to Dave by the October Meeting. 
Approval of addendum to the club bylaws.  Duties of officers referred to Roberts Rules.  . 
New Business  - To honor Santas and their work we will high light each meeting with a Santa presentation.
Next meeting will be October 11, 2013 in Vancouver location TBA
Adjournment. 

 

Year 2015 and prior


Santa's Pack Club Information Archive




Meeting Schedule for 2015

December 29th - Post Christmas Wind Down Meeting (Members Only)!

Here is the deal:
Where: DuckTales Kitchen, 612 N. Devine Rd., Vancouver, WA
When:  7:30 PM, Tuesday, December 29th

At 8:00 PM DuckTales will close the restaurant for our private party.

You must RSVP by 12/22 to let us know you are coming!

RSVP to Tracie Bradbury or Jim Hughes email: npdxgal45@gmail.com or call 503-760-1913.

Also, please when you RSVP, choose from the following menu entrée choices:

Dinner - $27.00 per person - no host bar

Soup or Salad
Prime Rib -or - Salmon -or- Stuffed Portabella Mushroom
Au gratin Potatoes or Baked Potato
Fresh Green Beans
Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream
Soda or Coffee

And Please bring a white elephant gift exchange item (one gift per single or couple) with a value of around $25.  Rules to be explained the night of the event.

October 11th

 Catedral Tapitio

207 SE 164th Ave. Vancouver, WA:
Minutes:
In attendance: Jim and Tracie Hughes, Don and Sherrell Davis, Ted Rusk, Bob Gang, Mark and Linda Larson, Tom and Lori Epler, Bill and Evelyn Kenney, Chris Keuscher , Pat and Helen Lewis, Harold and Marlene Morris, Bret Gold and Celia Rollins, Bill Kerner, Ramsay Cowlishaw, Cliff Barbour, Sandi Osborn, Dave and Debbie Cardiff, Alan Beeman, Bob Foster, Jim and Patricia Wood, Donna Krewson, Chris Keuscher, Cliff Barbour, Eartha Ever Green, Ted Welker.
Meeting Called to Order: By Jim Hughes, New members welcomed and introduced to group.  Santa Claus Oath recited.
Old Business: Webmaster Dave Cardiff reports that the automatic email function for website leads is not ready to go yet.  Dave asked members if they would like to have the geographical area they will cover included in their information.  Answer was overwhelmingly yes.  Please let Dave know the areas you are willing to serve.
Also answered in the affirmative was the question of whether members would like their bio included in their member info, Norpac.com has good bio ideas.  Please also provide your update  info to Dave.
Treasurer Report: Dave states $984.00 in account at the beginning of meeting, and approximately $340.00 collected during meeting towards 2016 dues.New Business: Jim opened the floor for questions. Santa Chris K. asked how much is charged for a visit. While market rates vary widely, it was agreed that $xxx.xx   an hour visit was a reasonable number.  A situation occurred recently where a client contacted Dave Cardiff and said her usual Santa from the group had a medical problem and was unable to appear.  This was found to be incorrect info.  It was decided in the future that the Santa info provided by a client will be verified by contacting Santa in question directly before action taken.
It was asked if anyone knew of a dry cleaner that would not return a Santa suit with pink colored trim.  Custom Cleaners in Vancouver was highly recommended. 
Ramsay reported that Worldwide Photography needs substitute Santas, and the Polar Express in Hood River is seeking part time Santas and the pay is $xxx.00 per hour.
Santa Jim passed some coins he gives to children.  Discussion followed regarding verifying the safety of materials used in coins.
Norpac will have their annual convention at the Great Wolf Lodge November 5, 6, and 7th.
Visiting Santa from IBRBS,  Tom Carmody  spoke about that organization and upcoming conventions.  Self insurance and backgrounds checks were discussed and the fact that some liability companies are dropping their molestation insurance.
Jim opened the floor to nominations for a vice chair.  Chris Keuscher volunteered.  It was seconded and passed.  Dave nominated myself to continue as secretary. it was             seconded and passed.
Ideas for future meetings are welcomed. Share your ideas with Jim Hughes or Chris Keuscher.  After Christmas meeting location TBD.
There being no further new business, Meeting was adjourned at 3:45pm.